The Walnut Creek Crawdads summer collegiate baseball team are looking for host families for the 2015 summer season!
The impact that a host family can have on a player is truly amazing. Host Families are the glue that makes the Crawdads work. It is the connection with local families who open their homes and their hearts to these young men that makes this a truly special experience.
This summer, the Crawdads roster will consist of young men coming to the Bay Area from colleges around the country to pursue their dream of playing baseball. One of the ways in which an organization like ours supports these players is by finding them a host family with whom they will live for the summer.
What is expected of a host family?
- Be available to host from June through the first week of August (keep in mind that the players are on the road for more than half the season)
- Provide a bedroom or sleeping area for players, access to a bathroom and laundry facilities
- Each player is responsible for their own food and transportation, although a host family can include their player in family meals and activities
What is expected of the players?
- Positive role model in the community and within the host family’s home
- Follow and being respectful of all family/household rules
What are the benefits of being a host family?
- Free admission to all home Crawdads games for each family member
- Free camp registration for a Crawdads youth summer camp
- Lifelong friendship with high-level collegiate baseball players and potential major leaguers!
If you would be interested in serving as a Crawdads host family, or if you have any questions regarding the program, please fill out the following questionnaire.